The new version is available for Google SketchUp, Autodesk 3ds Max and Nemetschek Vectorworks. The upgrade includes a lot of new important features that besides increasing creative possibilities further enhance designer’s control over Augmented Realityworkflow and visualization.
What’s new in v2.2:
- Linked Markers: it is now possible to display a single model on two or more markers, granting the possibility to display more efficiently the same object from different viewpoints*
- Layers Management: 3D objects can be placed on different layers, which can be displayed independently during the AR visualization.
- Timed Slideshow: you can organize your 3D contents to act as a set of slides. In fact, each layer can be displayed for a chosen time interval and then replaced with the following layer.
- Real-time Shadows: you can now configure a light source to cast shadows on 3D objects, in order to obtain a more realistic visualization. Moreover, you can interact with this light source in real-time, moving it and modifying the shadows’ visualization.
- Clipping/Sectioning: thanks to the Clipping planes’ management features, it is possible to create sections of 3D objects in real-time.
- Improved support for animations: rigging and morphing’s support has been improved; also inverse kinematics techniques can be correctly displayed **.
Inglobe’s CTO , Alessandro Terenzi, declared “Version 2.2 of ARmedia Plugin adds important features to the software thus improving its creative potential. With the new toolkit users will be able to take their Augmented Reality design a step forward. Multiple sections and real-time shadows add more realism and interactivity to AR projects. Linked Markers and Layers Management improve the design workflow. Besides the SketchUp and 3ds Max users base, with this new release we are also happy to bring the software to Vectorworks designers community”.
ARmedia Plugin 2.1 is available for Google SketchUp, Autodesk 3ds Max and Nemetschek Vectorworks. Besides the Professional Lite and Professional Editions, a free Trial and a Personal Learning Edition (PLE) are also available from Inglobe’s website.
ARplugin 2.2 for 3ds Max
ARplugin 2.2 for SketchUp
ARplugin 2.2 for Vectorworks
For more information, please visit our website
*only available for Google SketchUp and Autodesk 3ds Max
**only available for Autodesk 3ds Max
This post is also available in: Italian