Features of the software include:
- Geo-located models for iOS devices: you can use iOS Player to display virtual models in the real world without any marker.
- Exporter for iOS devices: you can create .armedia files which can be displayed using AR-media™ Player for iOS.
- Chroma key videos: you can play videos created with the chroma key technique (both green and blue screen is supported) as textures on your 3D objects.
- Linked Markers: it is possible to display a single model on two or more markers, granting the possibility to display the same object with different viewpoints.
- Layers’ Management: 3D objects can be placed on different layers, which can be displayed independently during the AR visualization.
- Timed Slideshow: you can organize your 3D contents to act as a set of slides. In fact, each layer can be displayed for a chosen time interval and then replaced with the following layer.
- Shadows: you can configure the sunlight in SketchUp™ to cast shadows on 3D objects, in order to obtain a more realistic visualization. Moreover, you can interact with this light source in real-time, moving it and modifying the shadows’ visualization.
- Clipping/Sectioning: thanks to the Clipping planes’ management features, it is possible to create sections of 3D objects in real-time.
This post is also available in: Italian