“ARmedia Player” is the first iOS application that allows users to interact with virtual models created by means of the popular ARmedia Plugins directly in the real physical space using AR (Augmented Reality) technology. When aiming the device’s camera to the AR Marker, users can simulate the setup of their models in an unrestricted way and interact with their features no matter where they are. This way the models come to life letting users enjoy an immersive experience of the virtual models in their surroundings. The software is a general purpose player suitable for studying virtual prototypes of any kind in physical locations. In addition, it is a unique tool for presenting projects and ideas in many fields including Design, Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Education.
Main features include:
(1) Touch the ARMedia icon to instantly augment your mobile view with the default 3D model.
(2) Browse the models Library and make any model you like the default model. You can choose any model to view from the Library.
(3) Add new models to the Library using iTunes, mails’ attachments, links to models on the web or any file sharing app installed on your device.
(4) Import your models directly from your preferred 3D modeling software including Google SketchUp, Autodesk 3ds Max and Nemetschek Vectorworks via the ARMedia Plugin available for your personal computer.
(5) When you look to the AR target image (available from the app’s support page http://www.inglobetechnologies.com/iosplayer), the 3D model will appear on top of the AR target image.
(6) Explore 3D models from any angle using the interactive AR interface. You can scale and rotate models freely using simple gestures.
(7) You can easily adjust tracking settings to best fit your environmental conditions during AR visualization.
(8) You can take a picture of the simulated image through the camera.
(9) You can enjoy an immersive experience by moving around in the space that surrounds you, anywhere.
“The ARplayer for iOS” comments Graziano Terenzi, Inglobe’s CEO “is the natural extension of the visualization capabilities implicit in the ARplugins to the mobile devices, according to the logics of cross-platform compatibility. Users can now create, albeit with some limitations, augmented reality scenes and move them indifferently across iOS, OS X and Windows systems. On the other hand, the new mobile player represents only the very first step towards the development of a powerful tool that will be soon endowed with other important features.”
The iOS ARplayer is available for iPad2, iPhone and iPod Touch. It can be freely downloaded from Apple’s App Store and, as it works in association with the latest update of ARmedia Plugin Professional v2.2, it is offered for free to users who have already upgraded to v2.2 of the ARplugin.
You can download the iOS ARplayer now directly from Apple’s App Store:
For more information please visit our website:
This post is also available in: Italian