Mobile Augmented Reality seems to have a rosy future. According to a Report by Juniper Research, global revenues of mobile augmented reality (AR) applications will approach $1.5 billion by 2015. This is a good reason to provide more information regarding the AR tools that will probably impact positively on the prospected increase of mobile AR revenues. This is a good reason indeed to spend some words on ARToolKit for iPhone.
ARToolKit for iOS brings the power and simplicity of ARToolKit Professional to Apple’s iOS plaform, empowering developers to deliver revolutionary mobile AR applications. Many applications using it have already been launched on the App Store. ARToolKit for iOS includes source code for full compilable iPhone applications, with classes that can be reused in the developer’s own applications, enabling rapid deployment of a full spectrum of AR applications including product demos, situated visualization and games.
- Works with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4G and later models, under iOS version 4.0 and later
- Uses only Apple-approved API and is Apple App-Store compatible
- Tracking at full camera frame rate (up to 30 fps)
- Classes built to the iOS Objective-C model-view-controller design pattern
- PLUS all the other great features of the world’s most widely used and trusted optical tracking library for AR
Developed by our friends at the HitLab NZ and Artoolworks ARToolKit for iPhone has been launched in the late 2008. The latest version is available for licensing from Inglobe Technologies, who has recently started to collaborate in the development of the software. Since more good news are on the way, please stay tuned!
This post is also available in: Italian